Monday, August 11, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy Review


So this one is easy: It's a hoot. Go see it.

My son and grandson and I opted for the 2D version, because, save for Avatar, I haven't seen a movie since that 3D benefitted particularly, but we had a fine ole time. 

Funny, silly, whole lot of action, snappy dialog, lovable charters, nasty villains, a giant-tub-of-popcorn experience, about as good a time as you can have at a summer movie. Gonna set a high bar for the rest of the season, this year's Men in Black.

Although I imagine Vin Diesel is going to get a lot of razzing about his voicing of the character Groot. I won't spoil it for you, but you'll know what I'm talking about once you see it. I bet he laughs all the way to the bank ...

I do so hope the the folks doing Star Wars for Disney are paying attention. This is what you need to be doing. Seriously. And not seriously, too ...

6 comments:

AnnieB said...

Thanks for the review. Since all I've seen is the trailer, I was on the fence about it. I'll add it to my "to do" list.

Mike Byers said...

Yeah, a fun movie indeed, and just what was needed for a summer afternoon. Pam and I both liked it, and we'll probably watch it again on DVD.

Steve Perry said...

Yeah, this is a check-your-adulthood-at-the-door movie and be a kid, and that's what I did.

bud said...

This is a comic book movie: characterization- minimal, motivation- 3 sentence voice-overs, nuance- about 2 shades between black and white, plot- Grailquest. But...

It's a fun movie. It pushes the real world off your back for two hours. What more can you really ask for from a movie?

Ed said...

Yes, yes and yes and fun music too! Going to be interesting to see all the Marvel characters they can put in the next big one - good universe that Marvel.

MDVillarreal said...

Fun movie for sure. I was on the fence about what to expect from it, but once I saw it for myself I was not a doubter anymore. It struck just the right tone between being serious and humorous. Without a doubt though, I thought Rocket stole the show.